Saturday, September 4, 2010
My Dreams
My dreams for myself are something I see as very correlated to my grades. Success in school is important to acheiving a scholarship, attending a prestigious school, finding professional work experience, and learning how to acheive and evolve your goals. To earn the life i have dreamed of, I must first meet my challenge of attending Delta College and starting to earn credits, and try my hardest to do my best so I can feel justified.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your dreams and goals you have set for yourself, are pretty much the same I have set for myself. Actually I think they are pretty much every single college students goals. Some people achieve those goals and other fail. the ones that fail don't necessarily fail because they do badly or choose not to do their work or attend college when they are suppose to. They could have life altering situations that do not allow them to achieve those goals. For the ones that do end up achieving them are the fortunate ones. I have been attending college on and off for about six years now. I am one of the ones that have had life altering situations that has set me back in my college life. But I am back again to try to achieve my goals to become what i want in life.
ReplyDeleteI definitely believe that both you and Jenna are one hundred percent correct with that. My goals are definitely tied in with my grades. In order to be successful in my career, I need to have the good grades necessary to get the degree I want. Sometimes procrastination and sleep make that track a little harder to stay on, but providing a home and a good life for my family is my motivation. As long as I try my hardest to achieve my goals, everything is worth it. Even if situations in life alter that path, like you said Jessica, we do have to learn to evolve.
ReplyDeleteThank you both for your comments. Jenna, I took a year and a half off from school, and I learned a lot about what I want out of life and school is definitely a stepping stone to our goals! My sociology teacher told me that education is power, and made us repeat it in class, and she is definitely right. Especially since we are women, our goals must not confine or define us. WE must define THEM. Sacrifice is necessary, and Christy, I will definitely be missing some sleep this semester, but when I can buy my mom a house, that will be my reward for my hard work. There are so many things in this world that are worth our time and effort, we just have to keep on reflecting on that!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteRemember... grades, prestigious schools, etc. aren't everything in this life. Yes we all need to do well, nevertheless let it not become an obsession.
ReplyDeleteEveryone has a valid point. Angels comment really brought me back to reality too as in don't let it become an obsession. Everyone wants the good life but as long as you're happy in the skin you're in, who's to judge one's happiness or success?
ReplyDelete