Thursday, October 21, 2010

Less Creativity

I feel like I might not be as interested in this piece, as I was in our argumentative letter. I am still somewhat pursuing the same subject, and while it is still intriguing, I feel like I would have had more concentration with a new direction. I am more of a creative writer, and research essays are typically easy but boring for me.

I do not mind writing in a certain format, but I like to use more opinion than sources and it is hard finding credible sources on my topic. Research is relatively easy, and I have done these types of papers before in high school. My English 111 class did many different types of papers, mostly all creative, with the students being able to choose our subject. Is English 112 more focused on formats and structural papers? If so, I might be even more disengaged after this paper. I would like to write something that I can let just flow out of me, and not have to check every minute to make sure I cite something.

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. I like to be able to incorporate my own thoughts and comments into a paper rather than having to cite other peoples' work. Although these types of papers are necessary when in college, I wish that we could take a break from all the citation and write something with a more creative edge to it. Hopefully some of the future assignments allow us to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that if I can use something in my life that I have been involved in, is it much easier and more enjoyable to write about. Doing research about a topic can sometimes be boring. If you could choose a topic that you’re involved with it would make it easier to write about. Good luck in your future writings.

    ReplyDelete