Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Revising and Appraising

I have decided to try t ocreate a mini survey to hand out to a select group of the population, most likely a certain age bracket from 19-25. This will be a group that was old enough to understand the seriousness of 9/11 and could comprehend the events and new sources since that time. Since I believe after 9/11, bias against Muslims have increased, I hope that my survey presents my information accurately, but I am up for surprises. Although this is Midland, a conservative bubble, we will have some independent thinkers and a lot of foreigners drawn to this town. I hope this survey will interest my readers and hopefully motivate me to continue revising my draft, it needs a lot of help!

After seeing my argument essay grade, I have to agree with my teacher about my organization. The thing is, I was being encouraged to add more information and although it didnt feel right, I did it so that my audience or anyone reading it would be well informed. However, it just made my letter longer and obviously went over information my real audience (Imam) already knew. I don't believe I will send it in now, not because I didnt get a perfect grade, but because I dont think my letter would really make a difference.  Maybe if my research paper is very strong, I could send them both together, after clearing up my letter.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about Midland being in a convesative bubble, it's hard to find someone who doesn't think like the rest of the population. I also agree with you about the hatred to the Islam faith has increased from 9/11. Hopefully your research pans out.

    ReplyDelete