Thursday, December 2, 2010

Revising my Letter

While rereading my letter, I realized that six pages could easily be cut down. My first important revision was editing out excess information, that was created for my other audiences, and draw more of a focus to the issue of prejudice against Muslims.

I also decided to include more of a casual and informal tone. I included some traditional Islamic languages, so the Imam will take me somewhat seriously... I feel like my letter will be more impressive in the end, more direct and hopefully will convince the Imam of my point.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an interesting letter. 6 pages does sound like a long letter. I don't think I have ever written a letter that long. Although the only letters that I have written have been to friends. I am not sure what the Imam is, but I do hope that you impress them. It sounds like you have put a lot of effort into the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. A six page letter could be very difficult for someone to read. Editing it so that it would be shorter is great idea. A shorter letter will get your idea across, while not taking to much from the attention span of the person reading it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete