I have always loved reading since I was a little girl, as long as I can remember. My mom would always read to my older sister, who was entering elementary school, and when she fell asleep, I would stay up and listen to my mom with undivided attention. Ever since I could read, I have carried a book with me wherever I go.
My parents are both literature lovers, so I feel they have been a good influence on me as a writer. I grew up reading material way beyond my years, but it made me comprehend faster, increase my speed of reading, and my skills as a writer. I will always love reading, because to this day my family still encourages me, calling me "the bookworm". I like that nickname though, how can that be a negative thing when I find so much joy in escaping through books?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love reading to, but only if it is a book that I am interested in. It is hard for me to read something that dosen't get my attention. I can read for hours and hours if it is a book that I am interested in. On the other hand If a book is not interesting I will just stop reading it and that is it.
ReplyDelete