I am proud of this piece because I know how many hours I spent reading and rereading and staring at the computer screen. I put a lot of time into it, and I think it paid off, even if it is not as polished as I would like. I could probably spend a couple more hours with my letter, because I feel that my audience is someone important who I would want to impress, and my tone and subject would have to interest him instantly and have an appropriate message.
I struggled the most with my use of commas and, as I like to put it, "extras". I can be a bit too descriptive sometimes, most likely because I like to write nonfiction in different genres, and sometimes professional pieces can be a bit too limiting for me. I feel like I did my best to make it a simple and direct letter, with an organized message. I am a bit anxious to hear my grade, I did spend so much time on this, and I have to wonder if it shows.
I am surprised with myself for really trying to get great information and different points of view in this paper, I researched everything to do with my subject, and it really helped me form my own opinion and create my paper. In the future, I plan on continuing with an outline and sticking to my organization.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I too struggle with the use of commas and such. That has always been a problem for me. I think it is due to the fact that I never really learned the grammatical part of writing. I was an average student in high school and never challenged myself. I took the bare minimum english classes that I had to take. Now I am really kicking myself for my lack of interest in school, it is making my college experience that much harder for me.
ReplyDeleteI am really glad you can feel proud of yourself, and your hard work. I love the feeling of putting in a lot of work on an assignment, and turning it in knowing you did your best.
ReplyDeleteCommas and grammer does not really get in the way of my writing, but thinking of what to say is hard. I feel like having an outline makes it easier to get my words on paper.