As my research paper argued that Islam and Muslims face a lot of prejudice, my first idea, while looking over the guidelines, was a public service announcement. This provides a way for me to reach my audience (American public, in particular those who do not know much about Islam), while sending a clear message about how Muslims should be treated. I will use some of the statistics I have found while researching this topic, and have already asked a friend for help with the video.
I have not decided whether to do a narrative, with images to back it up, or to include a small skit or a Man on the Street section. I don't want actors, and would prefer this to be natural and more informative than catchy. I figured by cutting out actual scenes, I can provide more information about the religion which the public doesnt know about, and connect Islam back to popular culture (famous Muslims, population statistics, what Islam has done to help humanity). I have a few good ideas on how I want this to look, and as soon as I finish my script I will begin filming.
Unless I get other ideas. I could do a magazine article, or an informational flyer, or something like that, but I think a PSA would make more sense. Since my paper called for change in how we treat this group, I might as well provide examples and how to avoid bias.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you have it pretty well planned out. I take it you must be pretty familiar with making videos. I've made a few of them for projects in the past, but they can be very work-intensive projects.
ReplyDeleteI like how you're choosing to address the project though. With all of the incidences of bullying hitting the news in recent months, people need to be reminded that we're all human despite our differences.
Best of luck with your video!
Looks like you have a pretty good plan on what you want to do for this project. I think its good that you want to inform people about the issue of racial profiling and bullying. Good luck!
ReplyDelete